POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Makehuman 1.0.0 is here! : Re: Makehuman 1.0.0 is here! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Makehuman 1.0.0 is here!
From: Chris B
Date: 3 Mar 2009 08:43:44
Message: <49ad3410$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote in message
news:49ad2eb5$1@news.povray.org...

> "Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> schreef in bericht
>>
>> I have an old hair growth macro that tracks individual hairs, following
>> the contours of an anatomy and responding to gravity.
>
> If that could also work with Poser figures exported to POV, that would be
> very interesting. My guess is that it should work.

I think you'd get a problem with figures exported from Poser, because I
think you just get a mesh object. So working out where the various relevant
bits are positioned and how they are oriented, so that you can use a POV-Ray
macro to grow hair out of particular parts of the mesh, is probably very
tricky.

Regards,
Chris B.